Of the 85,264.8 Metric Tonnes of Liquefied Petroleum Gas consumed in the country in August, 38,040.46MT were imported.
The Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency stated in a statement made available to our correspondent on Thursday.
The statement signed by its Executive Secretary, Abdulkadir Saidu, said that in August, a total of 85,264.803 metric tonnes of Liquefied Petroleum Gas was supplied nationwide.
Saidu said while 38,040.457MT of the total volume supplied was sourced locally, 47,224.346 MT was imported.
This means that 55.39 per cent of the LPG consumed in the country was imported, leaving 44.61 per cent for local producers.
The statement said, “The Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency report of LPG supplied in August 2021, indicates that a total of 85,264.803 metric tonnes of LPG was supplied nationwide.
“A breakdown of the supply report shows that 38,040.457MT was sourced locally by Ever Oil, Stockgap, Nigerian Independent Petroleum Company Plc, Greenville Natural Gas, PNG Gas Ltd, Nigerian Petroleum Development Company and Ashtavinayak Hydrocarbon Ltd, while 47,224.346 MT was imported by NIPCO, Matrix, Algasco, Techno Oil, Prudent, A.A Rano, Stockgap.”
Additional analysis of the data on importation in August, shows that 21,606.301 MT was imported from the United States, while 13,044.266 was imported from Algeria and 12,573.779 MT was brought into the country from Equatorial Guinea.
The PPPRA also disclosed that the volume of LPG supplied in August indicated a decrease of about 21,959.781 MT compared to the 107,224.584 MT supplied in July.
In addition, the total volume was 17,522.431 MT lower than the 102,787.234MT supplied in June.
“On the other hand, out of the 38,040.457 MT sourced locally, 7,042.058 MT was sourced by Ever oil, 9,429.761 MT by Stockgap, 7,687.112 MT by NIPCO, 4,761.626 MT by 11 plc and 440.380 MT by Greenville Rumuji, River State.
“Also, PNG Gas Ltd in Ebedei, Delta State supplied 651.490 MT into the market, while NPDC, Oredo, Benin State provided 1,055.310 MT and Ashtavinayak Hydrocarbon Ltd Kwale, Delta State, discharged 6,972.720MT,” the statement added.
The PPPRA added that 11,262.04MT of propane was sourced locally and supplied into the energy market by NPDC and Ashtavinayak Hydrocarbon.
The agency reiterated its continued support for the Federal Government’s policy to deepen LPG penetration in the country and create a healthy life for Nigerians. PUNCH